Friday, June 01, 2007

Crazy

I heard a news story yesterday that made me crazy.
It happened in Illinois - 5 high school seniors did not receive their diplomas. You ask why? Did they pull a prank that went wrong? Did they fail to get good grades? NO. Simple fact- their families cheered for them as they crossed the graduation stage.
The school has a "no loud applause" policy, even made the kids sign a contract about it. WHAT???? Now these kids have to do community service to get their diploma.
Sorry Charlie, I'm paying my taxes which pays for the schools staff salaries- you better be damn sure that when my daughter walk across that stage, I'm gonna be the loudest one there.
Graduation is a time of celebration- lets admit it, none of us wants to sit through those long speeches, we just want to see the kids graduate.
For God's sake give these kids their diplomas and lets focus on more important things.

No comments: