Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Best Year of my Life

My little baby, you are turning one this week, what a wonderful year this has been.

Mommy and Daddy never thought they would be blessed with you, but when we were, we knew you were a special miracle.

Mommy fought so hard to make sure you had a chance to come into this world. You see from the start it was not an easy road. From fear of losing you, to fear that you wouldn't be OK, Mommy and Daddy kept faith that you would be with us. Including the second you were born, it wasn't an easy road. Mommy was so heartbroken that she couldn't see you for the first 24 hours of your tiny life, but once the nurses gave the OK, Daddy made sure that wheelchair had wings to be by your side. When I saw you fighting to make sure you would be OK, I knew I would do everything in my power to make sure you came home with us. Even though you were only a few hours old, you fought like a heavyweight champ.
Even though when we came home Mommy couldn't take care of you like she wanted too, Daddy was right there taking care of both of us. He is our hero, never forget that.
Despite all the hardships we endured before you came home, this has been the most fantastic year of our lives. The first couple of months were trying, you needed to figure us out and we needed to figure you out. Yet every single second was amazing. I was so in awe of you, and still am. The things you learned to do all on your own-- rolling over, sitting up, crawling and now walking, everyday brings something new. You are the light in our lives, everything else is second to you. I can't wait to see everything through your eyes.
I now know what my purpose in life is, thank you for giving me the best year of my life. I can't wait for the rest of them!

No comments: