Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Check Writers

Attention Retailers- Please Phase out Checks as a form of Payment!

I cannot tell you how frustrating it is that people still use checks in stores to pay for things. I shouldn't have to be in the express aisle at the grocery store while some ding-a-ling pays for his Ramen Noodles with a check. It's 2006, they have this great invention called a "debit card", please bring yourself into the 21st century and get one!

I was in the local Toys R US the other day buying some gifts for my daughters birthday. I got stuck behind Matilda that had decided to do her Christmas Shopping early and buy half the store. After the clerk rang up her $300.00 worth of toys (Yes you heard right- the exact amount wat something like $323 and some change), she whipped out her check book! REALLY ??!!!!!! So since the amount was high they had to get, ID, cross reference the check and get a blood sample (kidding about the last part, but yes it took that long to verify the check).

Please people do the rest of us a favor, get a debit card, or a credit card or pay cash. Stop making life a living hell for the rest of us.

1 comment:

Mrs Xoke said...

I do not say this to offend, I truly don't. I hope you can read what I am about to say and understand that there is nothing in it that is meant to be unkind. Lately I have had to write checks as my bank neglected to send me my new card before my old one expired. Checks do take forever. I would rather see people have more patience for others when in a store of any kind. Especially this time of year. That to me, if far more important than everyone having a debit card.