Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hey Lane Bryant

You new jeans sizing- SUCKS.
I went in there the other day because someone gave me a gift certificate for my birthday. All I wanted was a new pair of jeans for the fall. Easy right? Pop in, get my size and pay and I'm outta there! WRONG!
The geniuses at Lane Bryant have now come up with a new way to screw with the fat woman.
Their sizes now are bases on you being "fitted" for the "right" jean. So now I gotta get some sales chick to measure both my waist and hips (like being overweight isn't hard enough already). Now I have to figure out what size I am (1-10 , not the traditional sizing the rest of the world is used to). PLUS I have to figure out if I'm a yellow,blue, or red. I kid you not, it's like taking a freakin' test just to buy a pair of jeans.
So the girl tells me I'm a yellow and hands me my "new" size. By this time I'm so frazzled and my toddler is getting restless. I quickly try them on and go and buy them.
Here's the problem, the jeans weren't right. When I wore them in the "real world" they were loose in the waist and tight in the hip area. For the 2 hours that I actually wore them, I was so miserable. Partly my fault for not taking more time in the fitting room, but the sales chick should have pick the correct jeans for me, these were obviously not the right "color" ( I should have known because I hate yellow, there was no way I could have been a "yellow").
SO now I have to go back to the store and exchange them for either a "blue" or "red". Jeez what a pain in the ass, all I wanted was a simple pair of jeans, not all this hassle.
Lane Bryant, I'm begging you, please go back to the traditional sizes we're all happy with.

2 comments:

Kate-uhh said...

For the first time in my life, I don't have a plummer's crack thanks to the blue fit.

Change is hard, but this is one of those opportunities for greatness. I'm sorry that it wasn't a pleasant experience for you; I didn't want to mess with it, either, until I was thoroughly in the mood.

I've never been so pleased with a pair of jeans, and thanks to Weight Watchers I've gone from a 6 to a 5. It's worth a shot. Really. :)

melodyjeanne said...

I totally agree with your frustration. I used to wear a size 16 petite in Lane Bryant and they were perfect for me. I purchased all my jeans and work pants in 16 petites and I was thrilled that I finally found a brand that fit me perfect until they made that horrible change.
One day I went to the store and the sales clerk told me they no longer sold a 16 petite and would measure me based on the color system. After trying on the 3 colors we came to the conclusion that the closet fit to me is a size 2 blue petite. They don't feel nearly as comfortable, but I purchaed a pair of flare jeans in a the dark denim. When I asked the sales clerk what else they have in a blue petite she had nothing to offer me. She explained the only pants they had in a blue petite was the jeans I tried on. How ridiculous is that?? So I went from buying 6-8 pairs of pants at Lane Bryants a year to just one. I can't even purchase work pants there anymore b/c they don't ever carry petite sizes in the blue. I wish so badly that Lane Bryant would bring back the regular number sizes based on full figured woman such as myself.
To this day I only own one pair of jeans from
Lane Bryant hoping they would return to the basics.