Friday, October 19, 2007

Silent Scream

I have to get this off my chest. Britney Spears. Train wreck, pop star hasbeen. She cares about nothing but herself.
Being the mother of a 2 year old ( the same age as one of her kids), there is nothing I wouldn't do for my child. Jump through a ring of fire, you betcha. She doesn't love or want those kids, if she did she would be doing everything the judge has asked of her. Yet time and time again, she's blowing off what she should be doing to get her kids back.
The dancers for her tour- blown off 3 times because Miss Brit didn't make it to the studio to audition them.
The album, she phoned it in. The cover is a copy of the single cover for "Gimme More"- she didn't even come up with a decent cover.
The video for "Gimme More"- if you've seen it, you'll understand- she phoned that in too. Where's the big dance number? Where's the oomph? There is none, swinging around a stripped pole is not a good music video.
Dear fans, she doesn't care- maybe one day you too will wake up and realize that- you're enabling her. Sure, I feel bad when I see her swarmed by photogs, but there are other celebrities that can handle it much better than her.
Some say "I like the music, I could care less about what she does in life", but by supporting her less than stellar music career, you are supporting the choices she makes in life.
The girl needs help, but won't do anything to fix her situation. It's time to kick her in the pants and make her realize that we need to turn our backs on her until she straightens up.

No comments: