Thursday, October 11, 2007

Take some responsibility

Attention pet owners- can you be a little responsible for your pets?
I am so sick of people who get pets and then neglect them. Believe it or not, they are not independent free thinkers, they need you. Don't leave your pets outside for hours while you're not home. I've seen my neighbor's dogs escape from the yard 4 times now. Three of those times, I rounded them up, and got them back into the yard. When I went to ring the bell, no one was home- all three times.
Today, as hard and as mean as it might be, I just watched as those dogs ran the neighborhood. Finally someone came out of the house and chased them down. Now what would have happened if one of those dogs would have gotten hit by a car? You can be darn sure the dog owner would have blamed the driver.
Pets are a huge responsibility, if you don't have the time to dedicate to them, don't get one and do the pet and you a favor.

No comments: