Saturday, June 14, 2008

The death of an Icon

I couldn't believe the shocking news yesterday of Tim Russert's death. I had just watched him last Sunday on "Meet the Press", and I felt so sad to hear that he was gone.
This was, to me, a great newsman. You don't find many of those these days. When you watched him, you felt like he was asking the questions you wanted to ask of his guests. I felt like he connected with the everyday person, because he was the everyday guy. There was a joy about him. He loved what he did. It's sad that he will not be seeing how the election ends in November.
I am heartbroken for his wife and son. I can't imagine the pain. Just knowing they had completed a vacation with him and were still so far away when he passed.
I can't wrap my head around why the people that are good and make a difference, leave us too early. It's not right.
God bless you Mr. Russert, and Rest in Peace. You will be truly missed.

No comments: