Saturday, June 14, 2008

Why are you in such a rush?

I recently got back from vacation. I have to say it has given me a different outlook on life.
I can't understand why everyone is in such a rush. Why do you have to sit on my bumper while I'm going the speed limit?
People need to simplify their lives. You don't need to be 37 places at once. You don't need to have you kids involved in 89 activities. You need to sit down together as a family and spend time with each other. You never know when it can instantly end. Sit down and eat a meal together. Enjoy each other and don't be running off all the time.
Enjoy the scenery, you never know when that will be gone. We need to stop building on every available space. We don't need new houses. I see so many for sale, and yet new ones keep popping up.
We need to enjoy what we have and not what we want tomorrow. I know it's cliche, but you really should take time to smell the roses. They are very lovely this time of year.

No comments: