Saturday, June 14, 2008

I drove to the top of a mountain

You can give me any type of amusement ride, and I'm fine. The tallest roller coaster, I'll ride it. The most thrilling thrill ride, I'm on it. Those things don't bother me.
I just did the scariest thing ever in my life. We drove to the top of a mountain. We're talking over 6,000 feet in the air. No guard rails and cars going both directions. I nearly lost my mind. One slip of the steering wheel and we were goners. I couldn't even look out the window until we reached the safe haven at the top.
When we got to the top, I was happy we did it. It was the most spectacular thing. You could see forever. Then the clouds rolled in and I was surrounded by them. It was an experience I will never forget. It was so peaceful. It was as far away as you can get from the craziness of life. I could have stayed up there all day and not want to go back down.
I'm glad we "scaled" the mountain. Will I do it again? Not with the car! I'll take the train up next time!

No comments: