Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Best Shows You're not Watching

This is only my opinion. Since most of the network shows have not started yet, these are a review of the Fox shows that I've watched. Some I'm hooked on, others the jury is still out.

Monday- "Vanished" - Unfortunately this is a series somwhat like "Lost" in the way that if you didn't start watching it from the beginning, you might as well forget it. It would take too long for someone to explain the plot twists that have occurred already. I LOVE this show. Sara Collins, the wife of Senator Jeffrey Collins goes missing in the first episode. This show is good. I have my theories on who actually took her, but I'll let the story play out to see if I'm correct.

Tuesday- "House"- OMG by far one of the BEST shows on TV. Hugh Laurie as the title character is absolutely terrific. He was robbed of the Emmy if you ask me. This man week after week comes up agains the most difficult and, for lack of a better word, bizzare cases. If you watch any show on a Tuesday, this is the one. I cannot say enough about this show. Just watch it and you'll get what I mean.

"Standoff" - The reason I watched this is because it comes on after "House". I've watched the first two episodes, and there are a few holes on this one. The show follows two "crisis" (hostage) negotiators, who by chance are sleeping together. Let me just say, the chemistry between them is not there, or at least in very short supply. I have a feeling this may be a casualty in the Fox line up.

Wednesday- "Bones"- I admit the reason I started watching this last season was strictly because David Boreanaz was starring in it (Yes I was a Buffy/Angel fan). But I'm hooked. I like the characters. The tension and chemistry between Bones and Seeley (Emily Deschanel and Boreanaz) is great. I actually like seeing him with a sense of humor. The one complaint I have, this new character Cam. I really don''t like the contstant head- butting between her and Bones. I can do without it. My favorite character is Angela. Watch this show and you'll understand why.

"Justice"- Two words-- Victor Garber. Need I say more? He rules law firm TNT&G with and iron fist. He can be a SOB, but I know if I needed a lawyer, I'd want him. This isn't your typical "Law Drama". The one thing that makes this show different, is the last five minutes of every episode. Whether or not the client wins or loses, you find out what really happened to the victim in those last five minutes. I truly hope this show stays on the air.

Thursday- " 'Til Death"- This is the new Brad Garrett sitcom. You all remember him as Robert on "Everybody Loves Raymond". This show should be titled "Everybody Loves Robert". It's funny, it has some great lines in it, but replace the neighbors from the parents/in-laws, to a cutesy newlywed couple, you get the premise of the show. Not much of a stretch. I don't hate it, but sorry to say, I don't think it will make it past sweeps time.

Because I have a Tivo, I was treated to a sneak peek of CBS's "The Class". YIKES! CBS- give Lucy Punch and Sam Harris more lines and you'll have a chance to have a hit. Otherwise, again only my opinion, this might be one you might want to skip.

No comments: