Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Respect

What ever happened to it? Has it gone out the window completely? I remember when I was a kid my parents taught me to respect everyone. It's a common courtesy that is lost on people now. People have no respect for their neighbors, drivers have no respect for one another, and kids have no respect for anyone.
Sure that are the rare few that still believe in respecting each other, but we have become a nation of disconnected, uncaring individuals. I would never think of throwing trash in someone else's yard, yet I have a neighbor that uses my yard as a trash heap. I am constantly finding surprises in my yard, and my yard is fenced in! SO that means they are taking the extra effort to actually throw that trash over a 6 foot fence.
Parents need to be more mindful of the values they instill in their children, these are the adults of tomorrow. Adults need to be more mindful of each other. Believe it or not, the world does not revolve around you no matter how much you think it does.
Believe it or not, everything you do DOES effect someone else in some form. I'm not saying that we all have to be lovey dovey and get along all of the time, but it would be nice if we could all just exist together. Don't make my life miserable, just because you get your kicks out of it.
I do believe in karma, what you do will come back to you in one way or another, so just keep watching over your shoulder.

No comments: