Thursday, June 29, 2006

Television really sucks

Ok with the danger of sounding like an old timer, I miss the "old days" of television. You know when the television schedule was filled with shows that actually required a writing staff.
Yes I'm complaining about "reality' television. I'm so tired of seeing fame seeking wanna-be's either getting thrown off an island, racing around the world for a fortune, or every possible spin off of "American Idol" you can think of.
Unless you're a fan of "Law and Order" and "CSI", and every freakin' spin off of those shows, there isn't really much to pick from in the drama category. Yes there is "Lost" one of the best shows on television. It keeps you guessing at each twist and turn at what's going to happen next. Then the only other three dramas (in my opinion) worth noting- Bones, House and ER. Bones and House air on Fox and ER on NBC. I like "Close to Home" to on CBS, too but the series is taking a new direction in the fall, so I'm not sure if I'll continue to watch.
As for comedies, I say what commedies? There are only two of note here (again in my opinion), "How I met your Mother" and "Two and a Half Men", both on CBS. Now that "Will And Grace" is over that's pretty much what you have to pick from.
A show that you're probably not watching - "Ghost Hunters" , on the Sci-fi channel. If you like the paranormal and all that goes with it, "Ghost Hunters" is the show for you. It's a professional group from Rhode Island that investigates claims of hauntings around the country. It's good stuff.
Looking at the fall line-up I'm not sure what promise the future holds. I hope there will be some break out comedy that will rival shows like, "Frasier", "Friends", or yes even "Will and Grace".

No comments: