Friday, June 02, 2006

You know when youre young everyone asks you "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Did you ever notice no one ever answers " I want to be a parent"?
We all have these great aspirations and goals we set in our lives. But when you plan out your life, things may not go as you want them to.
I wanted to be a theater director. Went to school for it, was in many productions, even directed a few shows on a small scale. I tried very hard to make this dream come true, but sometimes life just happens. You get married, get a job, have bills, etc. , etc. Things fall by the wayside, in order for you to "get by" and "live life".
So sometimes you go from job to job not being happy or finding your "niche" in life. Then something happens that puts it all in perspective.
For me it was finding out I was pregnant with our child. After 8 years of marriage and being told by the medical community that it would never happen- miralces do occur.
I did have a trying pregnancy and an even more trying delivery (emergency c-section after 22 hours of labor). In the end it was all worth it. I delivered a beautiful girl on November 11th.
I am fortunate enough to have the privledge of being a stay at home mom now.
It is by far the most difficult job I have ever had, but it is the best one I've ever had also. I have a boss- my 6 month old daughter. I definitely keep longer hours than any other job out there. But, there is no better job than being a parent. When that baby looks up at you and smiles, or laughs at you because they think you're the funniest thing around- there's nothing like it. No reward or raise from a "normal" job can compare. I feel like now I've found my "niche" in life. I'm really happy for the first time and am very content with the way life is now.

No comments: